My one little word

20:24



I started this tradition back in 2007, when my chosen word was foundation*.  That was also the year I realised I was in love with my best friend, and needed to start taking this relationship a little more seriously. 

2008 saw me build* on the foundations of our original relationship, to see if we could grow from a friendship into something more.  Yet somewhere in those 12 months I lost my way a little, got lost in the relationship and found myself trying to become someone I wasn't. 

So in 2009 I decided to just be*.  We flirted with each other, but I kept my distance, wanting to be sure before I committed to anything.  Photography remained by my side, took me on dates, and waited for me patiently.   

By 2010 I was ready to take the plunge.  To take action*.   In June we took our vows, and this is it. 
This is our journey.

So today, on the first day of a new year, and a new decade - I declare I am (we are) ready to flourish*

* my annual one little word

4 comments:

Lucy Stendall Photography said...

This has got me thinking. What's my word? Off to put my thinking cap on, I'll come back to you on this one...x

ps. flourish is a great choice by the way

sas said...

i love this word for you! it feels so so right for you right now pen: ripening before my eyes like a beautiful juicy peach!
x

New Mum Online said...

May you and your camera continue to enjoy many years of photography.

The camera is the man, the photos are the result, but the overall outcome is the beautiful romance unfolding, and like any romance is a delight for those basking in it

xxx

Anonymous said...

It's lovely to witness you growing over this past year with your 'relationship'. I think that flourish is a wonderful word for 2011. Here's to new adventures!