Just because

20:30


Since photography moved from being a hobby, to being a business, in some ways it also moved from spontaneous fun into considered art.  Although sometimes I wonder whether these two things should really be separated;  after all, doesn't a true artist speak from a heart which can't be contrived?  Does considered necessarily mean contrived?  Is contrived a bad thing?  I thought about this in a post I wrote recently...

This weekend  however, I put all that reflection aside and just returned to some spontaneous fun.  It's our last weekend before months of exciting (and exhausting) shoots begin.   Probably the last weekend for the next 8 months where we will just hang out and take pictures of each other just because.














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these so much ~ so cheerful and happy photos :-) And you're both so lovely!

Melsa said...

oh i love those photos. And I am ever so jealous that you guys had some sun!!! in Birmingham: no light.whatsoever.nada.

Lucy Stendall Photography said...

Love these! Looks like a fun walk, and I enjoyed what you've done with the processing - these images have a great warm feeling x

Blush Floral Design said...

Lovely! Perfect way to spend a weekend! xx

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you guys having such fun. Particuarly love the first one - flying dog!

meghan said...

I love these. You are both gorgeous - you shine!

Missing you even more now that I have seen this!

xoox