Fearless Creativity

16:39


We went round to our friends house for coffee on New Years Day and I bought Bleu the Beautiful Doodles book as a New Year present.

As we adults chatted away, I noticed Bleu was straight into the book. She simply grabbed a pen closest to her which happened to be a biro, and just started drawing. Just like that.

I was fascinated. She didn't pause. Or hesitate. She didn't even have to think too long about what she was going to draw. She didn't wait for 'inspiration' or even go looking for the 'right' equipment. She just started.

I loved it. I loved watching her, and I was inspired by her.
I took this picture to remind myself of the freedom fearless creativity brings with it.

May I carry that spirit into 2011 and beyond with me.

4 comments:

Juniper said...

Thats one good thing about being a teacher, you get inspired by the students...before they get the fear.

Anonymous said...

I only wish that, as an adult, that I could have that open feeling of inspiration and creativity at times. It does happen, but often my fear of less than perfection holds me back.

Great post Penny!

Karen D said...

what a great reminder that you don't have to wait for inspiration just the act of doing will be inspirational!

Karen D

Anonymous said...

Great post! I have a Dodo pad and they have space for doodling, you (and Bleu!) have inspired me to just have a go at doodling-without-thinking in 2011.