New beginnings and old intentions...

16:27


I was so excited ripping open that Amazon package this afternoon.  Knowing my brand sparkling new red Moleskine diary was snuggly tucked inbetween those cardboard flaps.  Oh the sight of a new diary.  Oh the promise of blank pages.  Oh the potential of a New Year...

Yes, it's that time of year again.  The worst kind for someone like me, because I LOVE new beginnings.  I start feeling bold.  I start dreaming BIG, and worst of all, I start making lists!  Lists of the grand, glorious things I will do this year; it's a new year after all... 

Lists that almost inevitably come back to haunt me...

Except this year. 
Of course, this year will be different.

Seriously though, I figure it's a bit like when I was trying to give up smoking.
God only knows how many times I declared a sincere intention to give up, before I actually successfully gave up.  Let's just say people stopped paying any attention.  But now it's been 6 years since I last had a cigarette.

So each year I shall continue to declare my sincere intentions, and trust; when the time is right, it will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the feeling of a new notebook ~ I think that we've mentioned before that we love buying them, but always feel afraid about writing in them :-) Here's to 2011 being different!

New Mum Online said...

best of luck. You'll have a superb 2011 xxx