Today I am grateful for...

23:55

Books.

I had the luxury of 90 minutes to wander around on my own this morning in Oxford, and I spent 87 minutes of that in Waterstones. It was bliss and reminded me how much I love books and bookshops. It is a pure sensory indulgence for me. From the colourful aesthetics gracing the different covers (Cookbooks! Oh My God, how gorgeous are some of these...) to that undeniable scent of books. The floors of knowledge and imaginative journeys between the pages...

I left today with no books, but a list of over 20 must reads, and head full of new ideas. Yes, today I am grateful for the joy that is books.

3 comments:

lisa said...

agreed. books are on the list of things i could not live without.

Anonymous said...

Bliss!! Love, love, love books and love your post. I am glad you had that time!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Could not live without books!