Baby Miles

16:38

My workflow sucks.  Seriously, throw in 3 weddings, and it's like I don't have a life to blog about!  Actually, ask Cam, and he will probably say it's true.  Second to the actual day itself, I LOVE post-processing, and I have been known to spend close to 100 hours working on one wedding.   Maybe I haven't being doing this long enough yet, or maybe I am just a geek; but despite the achy joints, late nights, and hours of near isolation, I really enjoy this part.  I literally comb through each photo and then select the top few hundred to work with individually.  Okay I will come clean, I only learnt how to batch process quite recently, but I don't think that will make any difference.  Each picture conveys a different message, a different piece to the story, you can never find a one size fits all action.  But anyhow, I digress...  So yes, maybe some parts of my life have gone into temporary hibernation, but overall we've actually had a pretty jam-packed August.

So I plan to review August retrospectively, beginning with one of the real highlights - the birth of baby Miles to our dear friends, Shelly and Simon.  The adorable bundle was still in hospital when I first got to see him, but I am looking forward to visiting him and his mama at home soon.  He is just so gorgeous, a little bundle of pure love!  I am excited, having documented Miles incubation, I get to meet the little guy now! I hope he likes having his picture taken :)




There is just something about the little feet and hands, those teeny tiny nails.
Soooo cute!







How beautiful is he?  I love how his little lip gets sucked in by his top lip - little unique Miles-traits already!
Congratulations Shelly and Simon!  You both must be so proud.
And welcome to the world Miles :)

2 comments:

doorways traveler said...

penny, you are an incredible talent with a heart as big as the moon.

Meri said...

Totally, completely beautiful. They must spend all their awake time just staring at this little bundle of perfection.