Just Because...

16:54


When I was younger, one of my ex-boyfriends said to me, "You will never be satisfied, Penny.  Because what you want doesn't exist."  He was a pretty decent guy too, the guy who said that, and over the years there were occasions where I did wonder whether he might have been on to something.

But then I met Cam.
He was so perfect.  So perfect for me, I didn't think it could it be true.
He still is perfect.  In fact, there are still days when I pinch myself now. 
Nearly ten years on, and I still can't quite believe how damn lucky I am.

Because for me, there is truly nothing more wonderful, nothing more sacred or special than finding that someone to share the rest of your life with.   I had a bookmark once upon a time, decorated with glitter and unicorns, which said, "life's meaning is love's magic."  Yes, very cheesy, but so true (for me anyway).

Over the last 9 years, I've lost my father, moved to the other side of the world (and back again), nursed my mother through 4 strokes,  endured a failed IVF attempt, and seen us nearly financially destitute amongst other things...  I think we've had our fair share of bad luck and failures - but despite all this, everyday I still had something to be grateful for.  Having Cam in my life, made anything else temporary and bearable.  Having Cam reminds me, no matter what, I am so, so, lucky.

This man rocks my World.
So today I just wanted to celebrate that.
Celebrate him. Just because.
xo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Pen, that is so sweet, it made me cry! Although I am a bit drunk, but even so I think it would have if I was sober!
I want to meet someone like that!
I miss you guys soooo much!!!
Josef xxx

Kimberly June said...

Beautiful shot and words. Thanks for sharing. I hope one day I find that "perfect one."

Jo said...

You are lucky but wait...SO IS HE! Because you are completely and utterly wonderful. No wonder it took a while for you to find each other :)

doorways traveler said...

hope. that's what this is.
love you.

leonie.wise said...

He is such a honey. And even more adorable because he clearly loves you too

I love you both dearly
x

sas said...

yes. it's like coming home xxx

Meri said...

So happy you found each other!