"I fancy an adventure today."
I could barely open my eyes, but I could feel Cam's excitement willing me to wake up.
"I think we should take the tandem into Oxford and cycle to Osney Lock and follow the river down to Iffley Lock and then make our way back to the station."
Pregnant pause.
This was clearly where I was meant to reciprocate with equal enthusiasm.
So I think he was a little disappointed (I am not a morning person) when all I could muster up was a list of problems we had with the tandem, last time we went on an adventure.
A shot of caffeine later however, I had warmed up to the idea, and as we found ourselves ready to set off an hour before the next train was due; we decided to be bold and cycle to Oxford!
15 leisurely miles later, we pull up at M&S to grab a couple of sandwiches to eat by the river.
After pulling out all the salad from his sandwich, we ate our food, and continued down the Thames path from Botley to Iffley village, whilst Cam gave me a mini tour of the little hidden waterways he travels down in the kayak along the way.
It was such a glorious day.
And not only because of the weather.
It was just a wonderful way to spend time together, chatting and laughing as we cycled along.
Truly, I never thought exercise could be so much fun!
Banbury, you're next.








4 comments:
you guys are so sweet ;0)
Hottest Tandem Riders Ever. Love this xxx
This made my day - so cute. Great photos as well.
I think I'll settle for watching you guys exercise. Less effort. . .
Post a Comment